Washington State Bar Association (#29621) (Member since 1999)
State Bar Association of California (#207705) (Member since 2000)
United States District Court Western District of Washington (Admitted to practice since 1999)
United States District Court for the Southern District of California (Admitted to practice since 2000)
United States District Court for the Central District of California (Admitted to practice since 2015)
Seattle University School of Law – Juris Doctor 1996 - 1999
University of Washington – Bachelor of Arts (Justice) 1990 - 1994
Partner 2013 - 2020
GHG Lawgroup, PLLC
- Created firm for the sole purpose of debtor based bankruptcy work.
- Filed over 300 pro bono or discounted Bankruptcy cases.
- Among the area's largest number of Bankruptcy filings of any Bankruptcy firm.
- Prosecuted and defended adversary proceedings in Bankruptcy court.
- Performed case management, discovery, pre-trial, motions, and trials in Bankruptcy Court.
Partner 2005 - 2020
BTA Lawgroup, PLLC
- Created firm for mixed real estate, tax, and Bankruptcy work.
- Numerous civil trials in District, Superior, and Bankruptcy Courts.
- Several prominent cases before the court of appeals related to foreclosure actions.
- Handled motions and litigation in complex adversary matters in Bankruptcy Court.
- Worked on both debtor and creditor cases in Ch. 7, Ch. 13, and Ch. 11.
- Obtained over $9,254,632.42 in civil court awards for clients in real estate litigation matters.
- Handled contracts, real estate sales, commercial leases, and other transactional matters.
Senior Associate Attorney 1998 - 2005
Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson
- Worked on complex real estate and probate litigation including discovery and trials.
- Worked on motions, adversary proceedings, and filings for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 clients.
- Worked on District Court and Superior Court Bench and Jury Trials in civil matters.
- Drafted real estate contracts, loan contracts, promissory notes, and security instruments
United States Bankruptcy Court Western District of Washington
- Worked on internal judicial briefs for complex Bankruptcy cases.
- Worked on the Ernst Malmo Chapter 11 Bankruptcy case.
- Performed research and wrote memoranda of law for Judges Overstreet, Steiner, and Glover.